Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day: 4

Today we learned a lot about graphs while we continued to learn about kinematics/motion. We also were able to learn much about how we are able to change position and time graphs to velocity and time graphs and vice versa. An example that I have thought of is a heart beat...as the graphs continue to remind me of a monitored heart. That is why I decided to use a picture of a heart (although of course not a real one, its actually a heart shaped rice krispy ;) As the graph of a monitored heart moves up and down and looks pretty exaggerated, this easily relates to the motion sensors and how we walked at different rates, directions, and distances and specifically, the velocity and time graphs. Each time a heart beats, it pumps blood and moves up and down and it generally looks like the heart is moving up and down, and each time it does so, the graph shoots upward when the heart pumps up, and downward when the heart goes back down. I also can see how when a heart is beating hard, the graph's slope is much higher and reaches much higher as well as lower whereas when the heart is beating softly, it is a smaller slope and does not go as high or as low. These graphs were very interesting to me as they have related to something that our bodies do every day and constantly while we are alive. 
PS sorry for the late post! My computer kept acting up and wouldn't let me post anything.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you related the graphs to a heart beat. When I first saw the graphs I thought of a heart beat too and I really like how you made connections between the different things the heart does and what we were measuring in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the connection with a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete