Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day: 3


Today we learned a lot about motion and kinematics! Specifically, we learned a lot about graphing motion which was pretty intriguing and brought up many interesting concepts that I think everyone was surprised with and new in learning! I also thought that the physics olympics lab was really entertaining because through it, we were able to see how such a simple every day motion (running, walking, hopping) can present so many new concepts to learn and how something so small actually creates a huge opportunity to work with! I chose to use this picture because again, it is something that we see everyday and is basically a part of everyone's every day lives. We drive in cars, see cars, ride in cars, and I have never really thought about how it's motion affects our lives as I believe that is also true for many others. Now, when I look at a car, I think about graphs with a positive slope but sometimes even a negative slope! (backing up, although times with negative slope in a car are much less than that of a positive slope since cars don't drive backwards too often) I can also imagine the graph to be pretty bumpy (not really showing a straight line) because I am sure that cars do not go at a perfect constant rate at all times, they slow down, stop, and speed up. I really enjoyed todays lesson and am interested in learning more!

2 comments:

  1. I thought that the Physics Olympics was really interesting and fun too! I liked how you related the picture to everyday life! haha i will look at cars the same way too :P !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thaaaaanks! I'm glad we were both on the same thinking track :)

    ReplyDelete