Monday, June 18, 2012

Day: 5

Today, we did a lab that at first, I was unsure where it was heading but soon understood easily. I believe that the relationship between just "skate-boarding" (or platform-boarding in our case) and our continuation of learning about kinematics and more specifically about acceleration really brought it all together. During the lab I took a picture of Tom riding the platform-board. It was during one of the many initial attempts and when I took the picture I believe he was not accelerating much at that moment nor had much speed to begin with. Also, although I normally am not very good at math and especially at algebra, with the new equations that we were taught today, were something that I surprisingly understood very well! I also really liked the idea that for this class, we should try to switch our midgets of trying to smash a million problems on one page to using as much room as we need and to organize our thoughts. I believe that this alone made the process much easier as I felt free to write as much as I needed to my thoughts were thoroughly organized and written as I made my way through the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Happy that you were able to understand the equations better than I could :) I agree that I like how he wants us to organize our thoughts, it really helps me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you guys, at first it seemed really hard because normally our teachers just say do the problem but after a while it was easy to understan why he wanted us to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete