Monday, July 16, 2012

Day: 23


Today, we actually had a lot of work to do! We worked on our test (which I personally thought was kind of challenging) and we did a lab practical. I really enjoyed our unit on sound waves and am glad to learn more about it. Today, we specifically learned about electromagnetic waves. These were really interesting as electric waves and magnetic waves combined creates these electromagnetic waves are created! We also learned about opaque and translucent substances. This was a concept that I somewhat had known about earlier but I definitely learned more about it than I had known previously! We learned that opaque substances are those that no light can be transmitted through. Translucent is the opposite, meaning that light can be transmitted through those substances. This made me think about my fingers because although my finger itself is opaque, my nail is translucent and therefore if I hit
 it with a door (ouch I know, but for example) and if it bleeds beneath the nail, I can see the blood through the nail because it is translucent and light is bouncing off the blood itself and returning to my eye. I thought that this was really interesting and that it really made me think. This lesson is very interesting and I am excited to learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment