Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day: 21

Today, we learned quite the load. We learned about energy waves. I thought it was really interesting because although we weren't really talking about literal waves with water (though we kind of were, but we were talking about the energy waves) the fact that they were basically the same thing was really interesting. I also learned a new equation today which we added to the "board...not bored" which is v=frequency(wavelength) We also learned what the differences between wavelength, periods, and frequencies were! We learned a lot of new vocal words! However, the best part of the day was the lab with the slinkys by far! It was so fun to send "waves" across from one side to the other and me and Remi were pretty good at hitting the boxes (the ones we were supposed to anyway) if i do say so my self! Just kidding...but it was pretty fun and definitely helped me to learn since it is much easier for me to learn when i am doing something that is hands on opposed to a lecture, but i presume that is true for a lot of people. I hope we can do a lab with the slinkys again sometime because I swear I could play with those all day sending tons of waves and learning to create tons of nodes! It can definitely make your arms kind of tired though!

No comments:

Post a Comment