Monday, July 16, 2012

Day: 22

emailed: couldn't get to post

Today, we did a lot of learning new things. We learned more about waves and how they work and how to draw graphs that represent the waves and how they add or subtract to create one wave. I thought that this was somewhat confusing in the beginning but they soon began to make sense and once I got the hang of it, it was almost just common sense. We also learned a lot about sound waves. This was really interesting to me because I have been playing piano since I was four years old (which I can't say I really enjoy practicing, but performing is fun) and has played a pretty big role in my life. I have never thought about how sound waves really work let alone learned about how sound waves work. We learned that sound waves are measured through frequencies and that determines the pitch of the sound (high or low). This lab was one of the more interesting ones and I actually had a lot of fun with the lab and especially the sound "forks" they never got boring to play with. I also was really interested in the fact that when there are two forks next to each other and if they are the same pitch, they will both begin to make noise (one makes the other vibrate without physcially touching it at all) :O ! I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment