Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day: 19

Today, we worked a lot on our bottle rockets which we (Remi, Taylor, and I)  spent a lot of time planning out! We decided to use one liter bottle of sprite and taped the top third of a one liter coke bottle on the top so that both ends of the rocket had a top (nozzle). We also created our parachute today using a trash bag and tying four strings to the side of them. We also decided to put a cone over it so that our rocket would go up but also the cone (in our wanted scenario) would fly off on its way down and the parachute would come out so that it would stay in the air for a longer amount of time. We also decided to add two fins which we also lined with tape (mostly to look cool but hoping that it will make it more aero dynamic!) I hope ours turns out well tomorrow so wish us luck ;)

I thought that this picture would better suit my blog post and since I wanted to save a picture of my own rocket for a surprise tomorrow night after we see our results, I decided to show you what I am trying to model my bottle rocket after although Im sure it will look much less professional and look ghetto :0

No comments:

Post a Comment